From December 2012:
I am always interested in trying out different recipes that i can share with my friends, family and followers. This recipe caught my eye because of all of its awesome and powerful ingredients – it is truly a SUPER FOOD muffin. The original recipe called for almond milk but i only had hemp, which worked out beautifully (and with added omega-3 & 6 fatty acids and all 10 essential amino acids, to boot!). My husband had one tonight with dinner and he loved it!
Enjoy and feel free to give me some feedback!
Hint: Always choose organic where possible, as organic foods are grown without the use of toxic chemical pesticides and herbicides.
1 cup of coconut flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder (aluminum-free)
1/4 tsp of sea salt
5 free-range eggs
1/2 cup coconut butter (or coconut oil)
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup organic hemp milk (or organic almond milk)
1 cup organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Mix 1/2 cup of hemp milk with chia seeds and set it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Combine coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, vanilla, and coconut sugar and mix well.
3. Add eggs, coconut butter, chia seeds (the texture should be thick) and the rest of the hemp milk.
4. Blend in the frozen blueberries by hand, being careful not to crush the blueberries.
5. Pour the batter into paper muffin liners that you’ve placed in a muffin baking pan. Fill them completely. If you don’t have muffin liners, oil the muffin pan before pouring in batter.
6. Bake the muffins at 350 degrees (F) for 35 – 40 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the outside and completely cooked on the inside.