From July 2014:
This version retains all of the taste of the lime while creating a more healthful version which is completely raw.
The most time-consuming part of the preparation is the zesting of the limes, but the outcome is well worth the effort! Enjoy!
– 2 C walnuts
– 1 1/2 C Medjool dates (pitted)
– zest of 8 limes
– juice of 8 limes
-2 C raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for at least 30 minutes. Discard the soaking water when ready to use.
– 1 avocado, pit removed
– 1/2 C pure maple syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– For the crust, process the walnuts and dates together in a food processor until they are well mixed. Press the dough into the bottom of a Pyrex pie pan.
– Rinse out the food processor.
– Zest 8 limes, and transfer the zest into the food processor.
– Juice 8 limes, and pour the juice into the food processor.
– Add the soaked cashews, avocado, coconut oil. Maple syrup and vanilla to the food processor (or high-speed blender) and process until thick and creamy.
– Pour the filling into the pie pan on top of the walnut and date crust.
– Refrigerate for at least two hours.
– Place sliced lime and fresh blueberries for garnish and serve.